About Me and My Experience
My name is Maria; I have been working with older people all my life since I left school at 16, taking a break to raise my children for 10 years. Since going back into social care 7 years ago I have worked both in residential care and their own homes, and it is something I have got great deal from over the years. I enjoy the relationship that builds over time and just love accepting the people I care for into my extended family and helping to make life easier and better for the them and providing piece of mind for their families. I have passion for caring and have become a specialist, dealing with dementia and challenging behaviour. I'm a very good listener with good sense of humour, always willing to assist at all times.
- Going with clients to and from a residential home.
- Helping clients manage their budget, pay bills & write letters.
- Visiting clients in their own homes.
- Assisting families get used to new caring responsibilities.
- Developing care plans for clients.
- Helping people with mobilisation.
- Assisting with client's general comfort.
- Gathering, reporting and filing data linked to direct to a patient care activities.
- Providing companionship to clients by engaging them in interesting conversations.
- Feeding clients under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Developing friendly and courteous relationships with clients and their families.
- Organising leisure activities for clients.
- Physically handling elderly, ill or disabled people.
NVQ Level 2 and 3 in Health and Social Care
First Aid and Basic Life Support
Manual Handling Practice and Theory
My Availability is below but if you require something else please contact me.
|Lunch time calls|
|Bed time calls|
|Companionship and shopping|
|Last Updated: 29/03/2018|
£12 per hour £13 bank holidays
Not enough reviews to show.