About Me and My Experience
Hello! My name is Donna. I am fully trained and qualified carer I hold an NVQ level 2, 3 & 4 in Health and Social care BTEC qualification in Dementia care (Distinction Grade) Manual handling training (sliding sheets, hoist training, standing hoist, full body hoist, ceiling track hoist) I am also able to help with bed care for clients who are not able to mobilise, making sure they are turned (skin care) to prevent and manage pressure soar areas. Helping with gentle exercises and massages if needed I am also trained/ have experience in administering prescription medication in the right way. I also help families with hospital appointments/and outings that the client might have to attend. When I'm on shift the client and their well being is my main priority...I also help the client with their nutrition/ feeding. I also keep their home tidy and clean and help out around the house, cleaning, washing... Engaging with my clients and building a rapport is very important to me, prompting their independence is very important and respecting their privacy.
I am Fun loving, easy going and with a soft compassionate side. I have worked in the Community and in a number of care homes and have varied amount of experience working with the elderly. I have been working with social services for a few years working with people with various conditions. From young people with learning difficulties, drug and alcohol problems, people with dementia, Parkinson's and altzeimers. I am well trained and knowledgable in a lot of areas. I am very friendly, cheerful and make people feel at ease and comfortable with themselves. I am also good with younger people having four children myself and two grand children one of my daughters has asthma and anaphalaxic shock with certain foods, so I know a lot about food allergies and dietary needs. I am currently looking for full-time or Part-time work and I have no commitments. I hold a British Passport I am also DSB (formerly known as CRB) checked.
- Responding immediately and professionally to any calls for assistance from clients.
- Assisting clients with the preparation of simple refreshments and light meals.
- Helping clients to organise their household budget.
- Reporting to the Senior Officer on duty before leaving the office and after a period of duty is completed.
- Clearing up and washing dishes for clients when they are not able to.
- Escorting clients around their own homes i.e. upstairs and into the garden etc.
- Identification of the health needs of patients.
- Devising and implementing individualised care plans.
- Involved in the delivery of health campaigns.
- Collecting, analysing and interpreting data and information.
- Maintaining accurate, legible and contemporaneous client records.
- Participating in the Child Protection assessments.
- Involved in the decision making process at Child Protection Case Conferences.
- Informing managers of any concerns within the work situation.
- Raising people’s awareness about health and wellbeing.
- Dealing with safeguarding issues.
NVQ level 2, 3 & 4 in Health and Social care BTEC qualification in Dementia care (Distinction Grade) Manual handling training (sliding sheets, hoist training, standing hoist, full body hoist, ceiling track hoist)
First Aid and Basic Life Support
Manual Handling Practice and Theory
|Lunch time calls|
|Bed time calls|
|Companionship and shopping|
|Last Updated: 19/06/2018|
Not enough reviews to show.