About Me and My Experience
Hello, my name is Ellen. I have extensive experience in the care sector and am at present working as a Live-in carer for a company in the London area. I am looking to move back to Essex next month and become a care assistant once more. Previously I worked for Mencap for 15 years before I took voluntary redundancy, so have had many happy years working with adults with learning disabilities. After leaving Mencap I went on to work as a Manager in a Sheltered Housing scheme for the homeless for nearly three years before I left due to redundancy. I then went on to work for an exclusive charity based near Cambridge for 8 years before leaving due to the project closing. In between my full time jobs, and to supplement my income I have worked in the community as a care assistant and in care homes with the elderly and since January 2017 have been working with the elderly as a live in carer.
- Preparation of meals and snacks and assisting with feeding when required
- Organising social events and activities designed to stimulate and entertain the residence
- Assisting residence with their daily ablutions
- Ensuring residence were comfortable and provided with required medication
- Updating daily care logs
- Preparing and distributing meals
- Taking and recording a patient’s temperature, pulse and respiration.
- Maintaining the comfort and dignity of patients at all times.
- Providing emotional support to patients and carers.
- Helping patients to dress and undress.
- Keeping all consultation rooms organised, tidy and well stocked.
- Preparing patients for examination.
- Supporting the work of qualified nurses.
- Chaperoning and escorting patients whilst they are in the health centre.
- Promoting independent living.
- Safeguard a patient’s property and belongings.
- Getting to know clients, their interests and their needs.
- Helping clients with daily personal care such as washing, dressing, using the toilet and feeding themselves.
- Supporting service users in a way that maintains dignity and privacy.
- Supporting clients in a residential home.
- Carrying out general tasks such as housework, laundry and shopping.
- Providing support to physically/mentally disabled people and vulnerable adults.
- Ensuring that all areas of the medical centre are tidy and safe at all times.
- Working with other health and social care professionals to
- Provide individual care and development plans.
- Assessing the level of care a client needs.
- Aiding and advising a client’s family or carer.
- Supporting clients with recreational activities.
- Organising leisure activities.
- Going with clients to and from a residential home.
First Aid and Basic Life Support
Manual Handling Practice and Theory
Please see below.
|Lunch time calls|
|Bed time calls|
|Companionship and shopping|
|Last Updated: 29/03/2018|
£9 per hour
Not enough reviews to show.