About Me and My Experience
My name is Paula, and I have worked with elderly people for over 20 years. I've also worked with people with Alzheimer's and Dementia for 17 years. I have a NVQ3 in health & social care and up to date with certificates. I worked in a day centre for Age concern Bracknell for the elderly for 11 years working my way up from a carer to a manager. After leaving there I worked with the elderly for Age UK Sutton working as a home helper doing house work, shopping, ironing, taking to appointments, playing games, chatting, ect. Now I work for myself doing much the same as I did for Age UK.
- Preparation of meals and snacks and assisting with feeding when required
- Organising social events and activities designed to stimulate and entertain the residence
- Assisting residence with their daily ablutions
- Ensuring residence were comfortable and provided with required medication
- Updating daily care logs
- Preparing and distributing meals
- Taking and recording a patient’s temperature, pulse and respiration.
- Maintaining the comfort and dignity of patients at all times.
- Providing emotional support to patients and carers.
- Helping patients to dress and undress.
- Keeping all consultation rooms organised, tidy and well stocked.
- Preparing patients for examination.
- Supporting the work of qualified nurses.
- Chaperoning and escorting patients whilst they are in the health centre.
- Promoting independent living.
- Safeguard a patient’s property and belongings.
- Getting to know clients, their interests and their needs.
- Helping clients with daily personal care such as washing, dressing, using the toilet and feeding themselves.
First Aid and Basic Life Support
Manual Handling Practice and Theory
|Lunch time calls|
|Bed time calls|
|Companionship and shopping|
|Last Updated: 29/03/2018|
£10 per hour £13 bank holidays
Not enough reviews to show.