About Me and My Experience
My name is Jo, I am 31 years old and I have cared for the elderly since my teenage years, and then again after 22 years raising six children, two of whom were fostered. I have worked in care homes, hospitals, nursing homes, private individual care and working for the social services as a mobile carer travelling to people in their own homes. I have always been aware and passionate about all groups of vulnerable people but have always felt that the elderly are a special group of people with very special needs as they have been here the longest and deserve everything good. I love helping them in every way I can and communicating with them..
- Keeping all consultation rooms organised, tidy and well stocked.
- Preparing patients for examination.
- Supporting the work of qualified nurses.
- Chaperoning and escorting patients whilst they are in the health centre.
- Promoting independent living.
- Safeguard a patient’s property and belongings.
- Getting to know clients, their interests and their needs.
- Helping clients with daily personal care such as washing, dressing, using the toilet and feeding themselves.
- Supporting service users in a way that maintains dignity and privacy.
- Supporting clients in a residential home.
- Carrying out general tasks such as housework, laundry and shopping.
- Providing support to physically/mentally disabled people and vulnerable adults.
- Ensuring that all areas of the medical centre are tidy and safe at all times.
- Working with other health and social care professionals to
- Provide individual care and development plans.
- Assessing the level of care a client needs.
First Aid and Basic Life Support
Manual Handling Practice and Theory
Please see below for details
|Lunch time calls|
|Bed time calls|
|Companionship and shopping|
|Last Updated: 29/03/2018|
£12 per hour £14 bank holidays
Not enough reviews to show.