About Me and My Experience
My name is Rob; I am 43 yrs of age. I have 23 yrs experience in the industry of care, I work with all types of clients, physical, mental, learning disabilities, dementia, ms, epilepsy, autism, Parkinson’s disease. My job is motivating clients to get to standard where they do not give up, and live a life still worth living, Caring to me means empathy, passion, I treat my clients with dignity, confidentiality and respect at all times. Tasks we do in the day are never the same two days in a row; I like to mix things up. I am trustworthy, I am punctual, good time keeping is important. Elderly people's lives change from day to day, so caring is about learning daily., I hold an NVQ 2 in health and social care and I hold an NVQ level 3 in palliative care, I have lot experience in that field.
- Assisting residents with personal care, including washing, dressing and general hygiene
- Creating work schedules and tasks for team members
- Fully aware and respectful of a patient’s rights, religious and cultural beliefs.
- Able to work and remain calm in difficult situations.
- Excellent knowledge of COSHH, Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities, Risk management, Data Protection and confidentiality.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to record patient observations accurately and report any issues of concern.
- Proven experience of assisting in the implementation of treatment and care plans.
- Helping service users to maintain and develop social, self-help, occupational and personal skills.
- Preparation of meals and snacks and assisting with feeding when required
- Organising social events and activities designed to stimulate and entertain the residence
- Assisting residence with their daily ablutions
- Ensuring residence were comfortable and provided with required medication
- Updating daily care logs
- Preparing and distributing meals
- Taking and recording a patient’s temperature, pulse and respiration.
- Maintaining the comfort and dignity of patients at all times.
- Providing emotional support to patients and carers.
- Helping patients to dress and undress.
- Keeping all consultation rooms organised, tidy and well stocked.
- Preparing patients for examination.
- Supporting the work of qualified nurses.
- Chaperoning and escorting patients whilst they are in the health centre.
- Promoting independent living.
- Safeguard a patient’s property and belongings.
- Getting to know clients, their interests and their needs.
- Helping clients with daily personal care such as washing, dressing, using the toilet and feeding themselves.
- Supporting service users in a way that maintains dignity and privacy.
- Supporting clients in a residential home.
- Carrying out general tasks such as housework, laundry and shopping.
- Providing support to physically/mentally disabled people and vulnerable adults.
- Ensuring that all areas of the medical centre are tidy and safe at all times.
- Working with other health and social care professionals to
- Provide individual care and development plans.
- Assessing the level of care a client needs.
- Aiding and advising a client’s family or carer.
- Supporting clients with recreational activities.
- Organising leisure activities.
- Going with clients to and from a residential home.
- Helping clients manage their budget, pay bills & write letters.
- Visiting clients in their own homes.
- Assisting families get used to new caring responsibilities.
- Developing care plans for clients.
- Helping people with mobilisation.
- Assisting with client's general comfort.
First Aid and Basic Life Support
Manual Handling Practice and Theory
|Lunch time calls|
|Bed time calls|
|Companionship and shopping|
|Last Updated: 29/03/2018|
£8.75 per hour
Not enough reviews to show.