About Me and My Experience
I am a 45 year old man with 2 grown-up children who live away from home. My early studies included a 2yr nursing course with an associate’s degree in Community Mental Health. My diverse employment over the years has afforded me various life skills which I feel makes me a good team player and an 'all rounder' for the caring profession which I have always been involved in. I currently work 2 half days for a lady at home in Essex; I have done so for the past 4yrs and have a close relationship with her and her family. I recently have been personal carer on a 48hr shift per week basis for a paraplegic which has just come to an end this week. Hence, I am looking to fill this position at this time. I am considered to be a kind and caring person who can adapt easily to situations and assume my role without being too forward. I have a high ethos of respect and trust for others and expect the same from others both in my profession and personal life.
- Providing everyday care to clients in their own homes
- Focusing on personal hygiene, mental stimulation and general well-being
- Ensuring clients’ homes are clean and comfortable
- Managing clients’ care logs and medical requirements
- Transporting clients to various appointments and activities
- Assisting residents with personal care, including washing, dressing and general hygiene
- Creating work schedules and tasks for team members
- Fully aware and respectful of a patient’s rights, religious and cultural beliefs.
- Able to work and remain calm in difficult situations.
- Excellent knowledge of COSHH, Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities, Risk management, Data Protection and confidentiality.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to record patient observations accurately and report any issues of concern.
- Proven experience of assisting in the implementation of treatment and care plans.
- Helping service users to maintain and develop social, self-help, occupational and personal skills.
- Preparation of meals and snacks and assisting with feeding when required
- Organising social events and activities designed to stimulate and entertain the residence
- Assisting residence with their daily ablutions
- Ensuring residence were comfortable and provided with required medication
- Updating daily care logs
- Preparing and distributing meals
- Taking and recording a patient’s temperature, pulse and respiration.
- Maintaining the comfort and dignity of patients at all times.
- Providing emotional support to patients and carers.
- Helping patients to dress and undress.
- Keeping all consultation rooms organised, tidy and well stocked.
- Preparing patients for examination.
- Supporting the work of qualified nurses.
- Chaperoning and escorting patients whilst they are in the health centre.
- Promoting independent living.
- Safeguard a patient’s property and belongings.
First Aid and Basic Life Support
Manual Handling Practice and Theory
I am available now, please see below for my schedual.
|Lunch time calls|
|Bed time calls|
|Companionship and shopping|
|Last Updated: 29/03/2018|
£8 per hour
Not enough reviews to show.