About Me and My Experience
Hi there my name is Tina; I have been a carer for the elderly both privately and within the residential care homes for the last 7 years. Prior to that I worked in hospitals with the elderly and children for 10 years. I feel I offer a more personalised care service due to the time restrictions placed on staff in the residential homes. I have a good heart and feel that the elderly need to be treated with the time, care and compassion they truly deserve. I have a Level 3 Diploma in adult social care, Level 2 Diploma in Principles of Dementia and Level 3 NVQ in acute child care. I am happy and cheerful and enjoy singing and engaging with people.
- Supporting the work of qualified nurses.
- Chaperoning and escorting patients whilst they are in the health centre.
- Promoting independent living.
- Safeguard a patient’s property and belongings.
- Getting to know clients, their interests and their needs.
- Helping clients with daily personal care such as washing, dressing, using the toilet and feeding themselves.
- Supporting service users in a way that maintains dignity and privacy.
- Supporting clients in a residential home.
- Carrying out general tasks such as housework, laundry and shopping.
- Providing support to physically/mentally disabled people and vulnerable adults.
- Ensuring that all areas of the medical centre are tidy and safe at all times.
- Working with other health and social care professionals to
- Provide individual care and development plans.
- Assessing the level of care a client needs.
- Aiding and advising a client’s family or carer.
- Supporting clients with recreational activities.
- Organising leisure activities.
- Going with clients to and from a residential home.
- Helping clients manage their budget, pay bills & write letters.
- Visiting clients in their own homes.
- Assisting families get used to new caring responsibilities.
- Developing care plans for clients.
- Helping people with mobilisation.
- Assisting with client's general comfort.
- Gathering, reporting and filing data linked to direct to a patient care activities.
- Providing companionship to clients by engaging them in interesting conversations.
- Feeding clients under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Developing friendly and courteous relationships with clients and their families.
- Organising leisure activities for clients.
- Physically handling elderly, ill or disabled people.
- Managing clients from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Giving clients access to age appropriate reading and viewing material
- Encouraging self-advocacy amongst service users.
First Aid and Basic Life Support
Manual Handling Practice and Theory
I am available to start immediately. Please see below
|Lunch time calls|
|Bed time calls|
|Companionship and shopping|
|Last Updated: 29/03/2018|
£12 per hour
Not enough reviews to show.