About Me and My Experience
Hi! I have been working in the care industry for the last 15 years. I have worked in a day centre for the elderly for the past 2 years and have enjoyed this immensely, however now I want to get back into what I love and that is homecare. I started working as a carer 15 years ago as a home care assistant providing personal care. I have many years experience in working with people with Alzheimer's disease, Dementia, Parkinson's disease, mobility problems and depression. I like to help others because I find this very rewarding. I have NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care, medication training, manual handling, first aid, food hygiene and SOVA. I am CRB checked. I am a non smoker and have a full driver's licence.
- Organising leisure activities.
- Going with clients to and from a residential home.
- Helping clients manage their budget, pay bills & write letters.
- Visiting clients in their own homes.
- Assisting families get used to new caring responsibilities.
- Developing care plans for clients.
- Helping people with mobilisation.
- Assisting with client's general comfort.
- Gathering, reporting and filing data linked to direct to a patient care activities.
- Providing companionship to clients by engaging them in interesting conversations.
- Feeding clients under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Developing friendly and courteous relationships with clients and their families.
- Organising leisure activities for clients.
- Physically handling elderly, ill or disabled people.
- Managing clients from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Giving clients access to age appropriate reading and viewing material.
- Encouraging self-advocacy amongst service users.
- Meeting patients physical and psychological needs.
- Helping clients with feeding, drinking, ambulating, grooming, toileting and dressing.
- Providing a clean, well-organized and secure patient care environment.
- Acting as an advocate on behalf of people where and when necessary.
- Contributing to the health, safety and welfare of individuals.
- Attending and participating in staff meetings.
- Recording information in a clear and precise manner and in accordance with departmental guidelines.
- Contributing to effective cost control within the department.
- Being attentive to the client’s needs.
- Recognising and avoiding situations that may be detrimental to the health and
- Wellbeing of a client.
- Assisting with the induction of new clinical members of staff.
- Initiating emergency procedures.
- Assisting with the fluid and dietary needs of patients including completion of
- Menu cards and recording intake and output of fluids and solids.
- Recording routine observations of weight, blood pressure & pulse etc.
- Measuring and preparing special diets.
- Responding immediately and professionally to any calls for assistance from clients.
- Assisting clients with the preparation of simple refreshments and light meals.
- Helping clients to organise their household budget.
NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care
Available now please see below for my days and times.
|Lunch time calls|
|Bed time calls|
|Companionship and shopping|
|Last Updated: 29/03/2018|
£11 per hour
Not enough reviews to show.