About Me and My Experience
Hi! My name is Ann. I am origionalyl from Ireland but now live in Southend-on-sea. I have an over 14 years of hands-on experience as a Caregiver. I can assure you and your family with excellent elderly care. I will implement healthy lifestyle, positive and balanced day to day regime implementing activities to keep the elderly person busy physically and mentally. Also, providing assistance with medication, personal hygiene, cooking, feeding, dressing, and travelling/driving. Organising medical appointments, errands and shopping. I am a reliable person with professional mature and adaptable, positive attitude. I am passionate about my job role. I have been both employed and self employed over the years and have found that I prefer to work on a one to one basis, allowing the time to build a rapport with a client rather than having to rush to meet time deadlines. Also it means that I can be more reliable and punctual and give consistency to my job role.
- Managing clients from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Giving clients access to age appropriate reading and viewing material.
- Encouraging self-advocacy amongst service users.
- Meeting patients physical and psychological needs.
- Helping clients with feeding, drinking, ambulating, grooming, toileting and dressing.
- Providing a clean, well-organized and secure patient care environment.
- Acting as an advocate on behalf of people where and when necessary.
- Contributing to the health, safety and welfare of individuals.
- Attending and participating in staff meetings.
- Recording information in a clear and precise manner and in accordance with departmental guidelines.
- Contributing to effective cost control within the department.
- Being attentive to the client’s needs.
- Recognising and avoiding situations that may be detrimental to the health and
- Wellbeing of a client.
- Assisting with the induction of new clinical members of staff.
- Initiating emergency procedures.
- Assisting with the fluid and dietary needs of patients including completion of
- Menu cards and recording intake and output of fluids and solids.
- Recording routine observations of weight, blood pressure & pulse etc.
- Measuring and preparing special diets.
- Responding immediately and professionally to any calls for assistance from clients.
- Assisting clients with the preparation of simple refreshments and light meals.
- Helping clients to organise their household budget.
First Aid and Basic Life Support
Manual Handling Practice and Theory
My Availability is below but if you require something else please contact me.
|Lunch time calls|
|Bed time calls|
|Companionship and shopping|
|Last Updated: 08/04/2019|
£7 per hour
Not enough reviews to show.