About Me and My Experience
My name is Kevin I am a 41 year old male from Essex. I have over 5 years of live in experience caring for clients in their own homes. I have worked in various home environments and am discreet and respectful of confidentiality and client’s privacy. My 25 years of nursing experience is invaluable in providing quality care for clients wanting to remain in their own home. I bring lots of common sense and knowledge and provide support to both the client and the family in challenging times. My experience includes dementia, stroke, mobility issues, post operative, palliative care, end of life, companionship, emotional support, cooking, light housework, household management, transporting to appointments and social activities. DBS (Update Service), Driving License, Manual Handling, Food Safety & Hygiene etc. Excellent written and verbal references available. CV. I enjoy cooking, reading, painting, mosaics, documentaries, current events, travelling, walking, outings and attempting to learn French. A non smoker and animal lover.
- Fully aware and respectful of a patient’s rights, religious and cultural beliefs.
- Able to work and remain calm in difficult situations.
- Excellent knowledge of COSHH, Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities, Risk management, Data Protection and confidentiality.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to record patient observations accurately and report any issues of concern.
- Proven experience of assisting in the implementation of treatment and care plans.
- Helping service users to maintain and develop social, self-help, occupational and personal skills.
- Preparation of meals and snacks and assisting with feeding when required
- Organising social events and activities designed to stimulate and entertain the residence
- Assisting residence with their daily ablutions
- Ensuring residence were comfortable and provided with required medication
- Updating daily care logs
- Preparing and distributing meals
- Taking and recording a patient’s temperature, pulse and respiration.
- Maintaining the comfort and dignity of patients at all times.
- Providing emotional support to patients and carers.
- Helping patients to dress and undress.
- Keeping all consultation rooms organised, tidy and well stocked.
- Preparing patients for examination.
- Supporting the work of qualified nurses.
- Chaperoning and escorting patients whilst they are in the health centre.
- Promoting independent living.
- Safeguard a patient’s property and belongings.
First Aid and Basic Life Support
Manual Handling Practice and Theory
My Availability is below but if you require something else please contact me.
|Lunch time calls|
|Bed time calls|
|Companionship and shopping|
|Last Updated: 29/03/2018|
£12 per hour
Not enough reviews to show.